Sunday, November 6, 2011

Houzz.com

Pinterest is my new favorite thing.  I've found recipes, gift ideas, things to do for the house and the garden... you name it.  Need inspiration?  Pinterest is a great place to start.

Most recently, Pinterest introduced me to Houzz.com.  The WSJ calls it "a digital look book for home decorating ideas."  And as you might imagine, I'm obsessing over kitchens.

Look at all the natural light in this one.  And I love the exposed beams.  My goodness.

Kitchen traditional kitchen

And here, I love the farm sink and the drain board built into the countertop.

Concord Kitchen2 traditional kitchen

What I would give for a pantry like this!  Such a fun use for a library ladder.

Kitchen traditional kitchen

A red island and butcher block top.  Yes, please.

Kara OBrien traditional kitchen

Do you see the little faucet in the wall, right above the cooktop?  It's a pot filler, so you'd never have to carry a full pot of pasta water over from the sink again.  Swoon.

Realistically, all that's happening in this kitchen any time soon is perhaps a new backsplash and spring faucet.  { It drives me nuts that our current faucet is polished and everything else in the kitchen is brushed. }

Santa, I've been a good girl.  And we wash a lot of dishes.
Sweet dreams of counter space!

No comments:

Post a Comment