Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Bucket List

The quiz post from Tuesday got me thinking... I have a Bucket List.  Why not post it?  They say that goals written down are exponentially more likely to come to fruition.  I can only imagine that sharing goals with friends gives them an even higher probability of actually happening!

Some of the things on this list are big.  Some are small.  { A few would may even be considered completely normal experiences for some people. }  And they're in no particular order, other than my feeble attempts to categorize.

Travel & Experiences
  • See the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall { December 2002 }
  • Be on the field at Sanford Stadium { October 2005 }
  • Be in a parade (October 2005)
  • See an active volcano { May 2010 }
  • Climb the Eiffel Tower
  • Eat gelato in Italy
  • See the Pyramids
  • Have tea at the Plaza Hotel
  • Go on a Mediterranean cruise
  • Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
  • Go back to Hawaii for Honeymoon II
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Attend my high school reunion
  • Learn to ski
  • Go zip lining
  • See Aurora Borealis
  • Run a 10K { and if that goes well… maybe a Half Marathon }
  • Ride in a hot air balloon
  • Visit the Great Wall of China
  • See a meteor shower
  • Throw a surprise party
  • Start a Supper Club { Want in? Let me know! }
  • Be a Disney Imagineer for a day
  • Go underground at Walt Disney World
  • Attend a concert at Carnegie Hall
  • Watch a game at Fenway Park
  • See a movie in the theater by myself
{ Checking off the field at Sanford Stadium... October 2005 }
Milestones
  • Get a dog { his name will probably be Barney }
  • Be a mom
  • Ge a grandmother
  • Pay cash for a new { or at least new to me } car
  • Learn to drive a stick shift
  • Pay off the mortgage
  • Find a mentor
  • Be a mentor
  • Celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary 
Creativity and Faith
  • Be on television { August 2010 }
  • Start a blog { August 2010 }
  • Read the whole Bible
  • Voiceover a cartoon
  • Be an extra in a movie
  • Fast { as in, not eat for a predefined period of time }
  • Write a children’s book
  • Take piano lessons again
  • Take a cake-decorating course
  • Learn to paint
  • Take a photography course
  • Learn calligraphy
  • Have a real garden with herbs, vegetables, etc. { sadly, the little pot on our balcony doesn’t count }
So if you're up for tea at the Plaza Hotel, if you have any idea how to get voiceover work, if you know any Imagineers, or if any of these overlap with your Bucket List... you know where to find me!

"I don't dream at night; I dream all day. I dream for a living!"
- Steven Spielberg

2 comments:

  1. LOVE reading other people's buckets lists! It gives me new ideas to add to my own. ;) And I love the idea of a supper club...wish we lived closer and I'd be in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it may be a good idea to have a girl's weekend in NYC complete with tea and a concert within the next 6-9 months, if you get my drift. :)

    ReplyDelete