Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rapid Recap

The month of May came with much to celebrate!  After we got home from Disney, Spencer and I spent our first anniversary by returning to the Mansion on Peachtree { love. love. love! }.  We dug our wedding cake out of the freezer, with a backup recreation on standby just in case.  And I was super-excited for an excuse to use my cake breaker.
{ The real cake is on the left.  And the dingle-hopper looking thing on the table?  It's a cake breaker! }
Then we celebrated Mother's Day with my family.  For the occasion, I attempted a Rose Cake inspired by I Am Baker.  { If you ever make it yourself, be sure to make a double batch of buttercream.  I only made one to start with, and then had to make another and match the pink all over again.  I can hear mom with the "I told you so" right... about... now.  I should've known better. }
{ Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. }
And Maude graduated from UGA!  I was so proud.  Like all the cool kids, she painted her mortarboard.  It made her much easier to spot on the field.  Plus, she had two tassels.  Blue for Education, and then red and gray because she's one smart cookie.
{ derp derp }
{ Thanks for the crooked picture, Jimmy Boy. }
Like any good fourth generation Bulldog, I had to find my name.
{ Look, Mom!  That's me! }
Then last week, Spencer was recognized for 10 years of service at the CFA Home Office.  The luncheon was beautiful, and it was fun to be the proud wife.
{ This photo is the reason I cut three inches off my hair on Thursday.  Why didn't anyone tell me it had gotten so bad! }
And in the midst of all this, we cleared out the condo and officially became landlords.   It's been so nice to focus on our house for a change!

It's been a busy few weeks, but good ones.  Here's to a fabulous June!

No comments:

Post a Comment