Friday, August 27, 2010

Say Yes To The Dress

Spencer and I were married back in May at my parents' church in Macon.  We were surrounded by our nearest and dearest... and a film crew from TLC.  Yep, apparently we just got our fifteen minutes of fame. Doesn't take much these days, does it? : )

We ordered my dress from Bridals By Lori in November, just a few weeks after we got engaged.  At the time, there wasn't any filming going on.  But then in March, I got a phone call from a producer asking if we'd like to be on the show.  So they taped my first round of alterations and then came to the wedding and our reception.


All in all, we think the episode turned out well!  If you missed it, the show airs again on Sunday at noon.  And, they put us up on their blog and the "After the Show" section of the Say Yes To The Dress website.  We didn't really have any drama, so we don't know if it will come into the rotation again or not, but regardless it was a really neat experience.  And if they ever send us the promised DVD, we'll have a great keepsake!

2 comments:

  1. I fell in love with your dress the moment I saw it on Say Yes to the Dress! You looked gorgeous in it, and it's the dress I've always saw myself in. As a bride to be, I'd love to know who makes and the style name of the dress. I hope married life is treating you well! Thanks

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,

    The dress actually a combination of two dresses by Marisa. BBL has a link to the one of them on their website, though when I tried it on it didn't have the velvet sash or brooch{ http://www.bridalsbylori.com/Photos/tabid/78/galleryType/SlideShow/ItemID/428/Default.aspx }.

    I loved the shape, but not the sheen or the color of the satin underlay, nor did I like the bright white lace over top. So, I had them change the satin to ivory dupioni silk and then had an ivory alencon lace overlay instead. There was another Marisa dress in the salon with those fabrics, the bottom just wasn't as full.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete