Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Make Your Own Mother's Day Card - for free!

I made a mean macaroni art project as a kid.  I could glue pasta products { or popsicle sticks or pipe cleaners as the case may be } on construction paper like nobody's business.  I loved making cards for people, and when we got an IBM PS1 in 1991, and then got Print Shop, I went through reams of that connected paper where you have to tear the little holey edges off making cards for any and everyone.

And then I went to work at Hallmark and my card obsession just got worse.  { Or better, really. } We've given out so many cards in my family that it's almost comical how many repeaters we have.  Especially if there's a cat in a funny outfit on the front.  It's gotten so bad that Dad gave me an Easter card written in Italian.  { Buona Pasqua! } Though maybe that's just because he thinks it's funny when I can't read it.

{ Check it out! }
You know I love Paperless Post for e-cards and e-invitations.  But there's still something to be said for real, tangible cards that show up in the mailbox among the bills and catalogs and such.  And sometimes it's hard to find the perfect one.

I'm beginning to like to make my own.  These days, there are a multitude of online custom greeting card websites.  My favorite by far is TinyPrints.  Their interface is simple and it allows for a good bit of customization for the artsy types { or control freaks } like me.  We ordered our Christmas cards from there, and for Valentine's Day I tested out their individual cards.  Love!

So when I came across their Mother's Day cards... I had to do it again.  { Mom, here's another spoiler alert.  Unless you want to see your card here before you get it in person... maybe save the rest of this post for after May 8. }

{ front }
{ inside spread }
At $3.99 regular price, these aren't any more expensive than a card from Hallmark, Papyrus or a drug store.  And they're a whole lot more personal.  And here's two great ways to get one for free or multiple cards at a 50% off!

To get one card free... check out this little video.  { But hurry, there's a limited quantity! }


And to get the 50% off... enter MDBOGO at checkout.  They're a steal at $1.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment