Friday, June 10, 2011

Flashback Friday

Embarassingly enough, Spencer and I have started to DVR a show called "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel.  { Go ahead, laugh. } His parents watch it, my parents watch it... and it's pretty funny to see what people will bring in and try to sell.  Think "Antiques Roadshow" with the tatooed drama of something like "West Coast Customs."
We watched an episode the other night that had a woman who brought in these:
{ Photo courtesy of Dr. Eeyore's Hospital. Who knew Eeyore was a doctor? }
You guessed it.  An original 1985 Teddy Ruxpin and his buddy, Grubby.  I about did a backflip.  "OMG I STILL HAVE THOSE! They're somewhere in the cedar chest upstairs at Mom and Dad's!"  Turns out that Teddy and Grubby are only worth about $100 between the two of them, but they might be worth more someday.  Maybe.  And mine will have the added benefit of warding off moths for centuries.

While reminiscing about the way my poor Teddy Ruxpin's tape used to drag and his speech would slur { poor Teddy } was fun, the better part was in the conversation that followed.  Walk with me down memory lane.  Remember Popples?

{ Copyright StarSprinkles, or so it says.  More likely Those Characters From Cleveland, Inc.}
 How about that creepy three-foot tall talking Cricket doll like my sister had?
{ Who knew she had a brother?  He looks like Chucky! }
And then Katie starts sending me clips of old TV commercials for things we used to love.  Like Dunkaroos!
Oh heck yeah.  The vanilla ones were the best.  I'm really loving this.  And in the interest of nostalgia, I think I'll start a Friday tradition of posting something to reminisce about.

Did you have a Teddy Ruxpin? Popples? Or maybe a creepy talking Cricket, like Katie?  And the all-important question inquiring minds want to know... when it comes to Dunkaroos, vanilla or chocolate? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment