Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Daydreams

I think it's fair to say that most of us daydream about what we'd do with if we had more spare time.  I'd bet common answers are things like sleep, working out and other useful, productive things.

Me?  My daydreams most often involve butter and sugar... and preferably brown sugar.  { Sugar + Molasses = Yum. Amen and amen. } Which probably means I should be making more time to work out, not more time to bake. But then again I think everyone could use a little more butter and brown sugar in their life and I rationalize that really, I'm just trying to make the world a better place.  Everyone deserves a little something sweet.

And how about these somethings!  I will make all of these at some point soon.  I may just have to take a vacation day to do it. : )

{ Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Becky Bakes }

{ Pam Anderson's Apple Upside Down Biscuits, via Pioneer Woman.  And no, not that Pam Anderson. }

{ Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes by Annie's Eats }
Plus, there's a dessert that's been haunting me since I went to Dallas a few weeks ago.  We ate dinner at a great little place called Hibiscus and the food was stellar.  I had the Spec Americano & Crispy Goat Cheese, followed by Texas Wagyu Bistro Steak { and a bite of a coworker's Osso Bucco, OMG } and we all shared their Icebox Pie.

Now, fancy goat cheese and Osso Bucco seems a bit out of my league.  But the Icebox Pie was unreal and far more attainable.  "Crushed Butterfinger, vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookie crust and chocolate ganache."  That I can { and will } do.  Any taste testers out there? : )

1 comment: