Monday, October 24, 2011

The Biscoff Bake-Off

Y'all.

If you're reading this, you know I love to bake.  Probably 75% of my cookbooks are dedicated to cakes, cookies, cupcakes or other sweets.  But make up my own recipe?  It's one thing to throw pudding and chocolate chips into a box of cake mix.  It's another entirely to start from scratch with a blank sheet of paper.

There's a first time for everything, though.  I've entered my very first bake-off!  And the Delta Biscoff Bake-Off at that. { Say that one three times fast! }

Behold, my entry.  Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake.

{ Please believe that I ate this piece for breakfast immediately after snapping the photo! }

Judges will review the 10 recipes that receive the most votes between now and midnight Monday, October 31.  I'm not usually one to ask for help... I come from a long line of do-it-yourself-ers.  But, if you're on Facebook, would you vote for me? { Please? } You can vote once every day!

It's easy.  Just...

They'll select 3 from the top 10 to travel to Napa and bake their creations for the panel.  Then, they'll choose a grand prize winner who will win trips to  the 2012 Food Network Wine & Food Festivals... in both LA and NYC!  Hello, foodie heaven.

And while it's kind of a stretch { considering that this recipe and its iterations are the only cheesecakes I've ever made } ... it's worth a shot.

Thank you for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment