Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Salmon "Steaks"

If Spencer had his way, we'd have steak every night of the week.  But sadly, neither our budget nor our waistlines can handle that.  So we eat a lot of chicken.  But the more ways I can find to prepare things other than steak and chicken... the better.

Up until recently, Brown Sugar Citrus Glazed Salmon was pretty much the only way I knew how to prepare fish. { Scales, eyes, potential stench... I'm still kind of scared of the little creatures. } But in perusing the blogosphere, I came across Pan Seared Salmon Steakettes over at Kevin & Amanda.  Easy and delicious.  My kind of meal!

If you don't follow Amanda, I highly recommend it.  She makes adorable fonts { and gives them away free! }, takes beautiful pictures and clearly posts good recipes.  And she lives right here in the south, to boot.  Amanda even re-tweeted me once.  She'd gone to see Water for Elephants and I told her about hanging out with Tai the elephant.  She seems like the kind of person I'd want to be friends with.. : )

Anyway, the salmon.  Enjoy!

Salmon "Steaks"
Ingredients
  • 2 salmon fillets { I go for the skinless variety }
  • Dale's Steak Seasoning or soy sauce
  • Weber Steak 'N Chop Seasoning or other dry steak seasoning
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Equipment
  • Shallow container or plastic bag for marinating
  • Large, heavy skillet
Instructions
  • In plastic bag or shallow dish, marinate fillets in Dale's for at least 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.

  • Warm skillet over high heat.
  • Season both sides of each fillet with Weber seasoning and pepper.
  • When skillet is hot, add oil and butter.  Heat until butter is melted and reduce to medium-high.
  • Add fillets to skillet and cook until the lower portion of meat is opaque { about 5 minutes }.
  • Turn fillets and continue to cook another 3-5 minutes until desired doneness is reached.
  • Serve and enjoy!
{ And yes, I think that's The Office on TV in the background.  Told you this was a good weeknight dinner! }

No comments:

Post a Comment