Thursday, September 23, 2010

Font - tastic

I've had a few people ask how I got the handwriting-style font in my post and sidebar headers, so I figured I'd share the love.  It's really wasn't difficult!

I was Googling the topic and came across step-by-step { "Ooo baby..." } instructions over at kevinandamanda.com.  It's totally do-able if you're at all familiar with the HTML code of your blog.  And, coincidentally, their site/blog is downright adorable.  There are fun { free! } fonts and tasty-looking recipes, too.  Don't start looking around unless you've got plenty of time on your hands. I. am. so. not. kidding.


The only thing I had to do differently from the instructions was to change ".webs.com" to ".hostwebs.com" in the blogger-sifr.js file and then again in the HMTL code I pasted into my blog.  Their post is from more than a year ago, so I'm betting that webs.com just changed their protocol or something.  { And if you like this font it particular, it's called Sunshine In My Soul and I downloaded it for free from dafont.com. }

I haven't figured out how to make it bold yet, but overall I'm happy with the results.  If you give it a try, please leave me a comment.  I'd love to take a look!

{ And on a side note, I might regret this post title.  And the unncessary NKOTB reference.  Still debating.  Please forgive the cheese! }

No comments:

Post a Comment