Thursday, September 9, 2010

Furniture Meets Fashion

As a Floridian girl in the '80s, I lived in jellies.  I had purple ones, pink glittery ones, clear ones { for my Cinderella dress, natch } and in sixth grade I even had a pair with some fabulously chunky two-inch heels.  I mean I rocked it at CSMS.  That is, as much as a chubby girl with frizzy hair, braces and pink-rimmed Coke-bottle glasses can rock it.

All that to say, I have a special place in my heart for plasic shoes.  And my semi-grown-up self is learning to love flats.  So when I saw these beauties { aka "Bow Wow Ballet Flats" } from the collaboration of two Italian icons, Kartell and Moschino, I fell in love.  It's furniture meets fashion.  And look at the bow!  Plus, if you feel so inclined, they are 100% recyclable.  Though if you're going to get a pair and then feel the need to recycle them... I think I can help with that.  Size 9, please.  Did I mention I love the bow!?!

But of course patience is a virtue.  They aren't available until January.  Probably a good thing, though, because I haven't formally broken out my fall wardrobe yet.  So in the mean time, bring on the boots!


No comments:

Post a Comment