Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sugar Coma Festival - who's with me?

{ I wish I made this.  I didn't. }

So, I read The Broke Socialite { aka TBS } pretty regularly.  She's the one who told me about Paperless Post.  I talk like we're friends or something.  Really I just read her blog and follow her on Twitter.  She's a hoot.

Anyway, I digress. TBS produces these great food tours across Atlanta, DC, and other fabulous cities.  I really wanted to go on one of her Sugar Coma dessert crawls.  During the first one this year, I was on my honeymoon.  Sorry cupcakes.  Hawaii wins.  And then I got all excited about the second one and I even called my sister to go with me and... then I realized I had a conflict.  Boo.  { I hate conflict in more ways than one.  Especially when it keeps me from cupcakes. }

But there is hope!  Sugar Coma Festival is Sunday, November 14, at Le Fais Do-Do. { Le Fay Doh Doh.  You know, like Play-Doh.  Don't worry.  I had to look it up. } It's not technically a dessert crawl, as it's not a tour de sweets across the city, but it still sounds fabulous.  Here's the scoop:
From cupcakes to pralines to cookies, you'll stroll from table to table enjoying sweet bites, demonstrations and a remarkable good time. The fun doesn't stop there. Trust us. We'll have gluten-free and vegan offerings, as well!

Excited yet? It gets better. There will be a DJ spinning confection-themed playlists and a marketplace where you can purchase full-sized versions of your favorite tastes! Remember: sweet tooth attacks usually occur around midnight...you surely want to be prepared. Also, with Thanksgiving around the corner, you'll surely be interested in freezing a loaf of sweet bread or a cake (or two...), right?
It's $25.  It starts at 2:00.  And it's gonna be awesome.  Who's with me?  Tickets are discounted if you buy more than 5, so if you want to go, please let's go together!

No comments:

Post a Comment