Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dancing in the Minefields


Two years ago tomorrow, it was a Friday.  A quiet boy with a sweet smile in our IT department came up to my office to ask me on a date.  He asked for Saturday night, but I already had plans. Then he asked for Sunday, but I was busy then as well.  So he said, "How about tonight?" and we went out for parmesan chicken pizza on Halloween.

Then, a year ago today, he knelt to one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. I said yes, and we were married May.

Today, we're dancing in the minefields and I couldn't be happier.

Well, "I do" are the two most famous last words,
the beginning of the end.
But to lose your life for another I’ve heard
is a good place to begin.
'Cause the only way to find your life
is to lay your own life down.
And I believe it’s an easy price
for the life that we have found.

And we’re dancing in the minefields;
we’re sailing in the storm.
This is harder than we dreamed
but I believe that’s what the Promise is for.

So when I lose my way... find me.
When I lose love’s chains... bind me.
At the end of all my faith to the end of all my days,
when I forget my name... remind me.

'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man,
so there’s nothing left to fear.
I’ll walk with you in the shadow lands
'till the shadows disappear.
'Cause He promised not to leave us
and His promises are true.
So in the face of this chaos, baby,
I can dance with you.

Let’s go dancing in the minefields…

"Dancing in the Minefields" by Andrew Peterson
{ Fair warning.  Have Kleenex handy. }

No comments:

Post a Comment