Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Instant Outfit

When I think of a onesie, I think of this.
A Christmas Story.  Greatest holiday movie marathon ever.  Source of endless family jokes and incessant quoting.  We even have a light-up Christmas ornament of the Leg Lamp in it's "frageelay" box...

I digress.  Back to the onesie.  The closest I get to one of those things these days is a dress.  It's like an instant outfit, and yours truly is definitely one for ease of getting ready in the morning.  With a dress, all I have to pull together are jewelry and shoes and then I'm out the door.

The folks over at Levi's, however, might take offense at the mental box I've placed the onesie into.  One apparently need not fear bunny ears and non-slip soles.  Observe: the Double Denim Onesie.
These are not your mama's flannel footie pajamas.  Nope, it's a chambray shirt, tucked in and sewn to a pair of straight cut jeans.  And surprisingly not too far off from my typical weekend wardrobe.  Since college, I've had a special place in my heart for Polo oxfords, well-worn jeans... and is she wearing Wallabees?

While I have my concerns { I'm sorry, but I see a Spanx-like conundrum here as it pertains to shall we say, restroom use }, you know, it's not all that bad.  The shirt certainly isn't going to come untucked, and that's a big plus.

The Double Denim Onesie is $194 and available from asos.com.  So tell me, would you wear one?

No comments:

Post a Comment