Wednesday, October 27, 2010

There's a first time for everything.

Not gonna lie, I love me a cheeseburger.  Usually of the turkey variety, but occasionally beef. { Don't tell the Chick-fil-A cows. }

Earlier this month on my trip to the Pacific northwest, I had the opportunity to eat at Burgerville.   It's a pretty unique concept.  Their motto is simple { Fresh.  Local.  Sustainable. } and their menu is stellar.


With choices like their classic Tillamook Cheeseburger, the Echo Mountain Blue Burger, a Wild Smoked Salmon & Hazelnut Salad, and a Rosemary Chicken Sandwich... I had a hard time making up my mind.  Sweet Potato Fries were a no-brainer, but the entree selection was more difficult.  Beef?  Turkey?  Chicken?  Veggie?  { Wait.  I'm sorry.  Veggie?!? }

Now, I am not a veggie burger eater.  They look so processed and I've always thought it was something I wouldn't like.  Up there with things like sweetbread and escargot.  But then again I didn't think I'd like guacamole, and it rocked my world the day I tried it.
{ Yes, veggie! }
So... I went for it.  They have two bean options and I chose the  Yukon & White Bean Basil Burger with Tillamook cheddar cheese.  It was delicious!  As were the sweet potato fries and the fresh, hand-spun Pumpkin Milkshake I split with Amy.  Their seasonal menu changes unbelievably frequently, with some items only being available for a few short weeks while a key ingredient is at season's peak!

{ Click to enlarge }
One more surprise was in store, though.  Burgerville uses a system called Nutricate to print the nutrition information for the exact meal that you ordered on your receipt.  Granted, the bean burger and the sweet potato fries weren't as healthy as I had hoped, and it would've been nice to see the calorie count before placing my order, but the functionality is still pretty cool!

If you're ever the Oregon/Washington area, check out one of their nearly 40 locations.  And maybe give the Yukon & White Bean Basil Burger a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment