Saturday, October 9, 2010

Seattle In A Few Thousand Words

Long time no post!  It's been a crazy week, but it was a good one filled with new experiences.  My first visit to the Pacific Northwest was picture perfect.  Not a drop of rain in sight.

Eleven people in one really large white van.  I ate my first meatless burger at Burgerville { cool place; more on that later }, met with a few folks from Starbucks, explored Pikes Place Market, took a trip to the nation's largest single dedicated yard waste composting facility and a made a visit to the Cascade Recycling Center to see what happens to the stuff in your blue bin after it leaves the curb.

So here's the week in { 15,000 words }.  Well, at least the pretty parts.  I'll spare you the waste diversion photos.  Overall, though, not too shabby for a point-n-shoot if you ask me!

{ The SBUX HQ.  Every bit as cool as you think it would be.  But alas, no photos allowed inside. }


{ Pikes Place Market.  Can we please get one of these in Atlanta?  I could LIVE here. }


{ The first SBUX, at Pikes Place Market.  Pretty sure I drank more coffee this week than I have in my entire life combined. }


{ These people are not kidding about throwing fish.  Watch out! }


{ I was about to pick one of these up for a cute picture when the girl beside me did it, and the little booger pinched her hand.  I'll pass. }


{ Rows and rows of the most beautiful dahlias.  These bouquets were seriously only five bucks! }


{ Home of the "World's Best" Macaroni & Cheese.  They aren't kidding.  And it isn't even macaroni! It's penne.  Whatever.  I don't discriminate when cheese is involved. }


{ The white stuff?  Curds.  As in, "curds and whey."  Who knew? }


{ J. Ashley, this one's for you! I may have very well sampled every single one.  No shame. }

{ We ate lunch at a cute little cafe called The Pink Door. }

{ See?  Not a rain cloud in sight! }

{ "Black Sun" by Isamu Noguchi in Volunteer Park. }

{ I took about a zillion pictures of the Space Needle, but this one through the eye of "Black Sun" is one of my favorites. }

{ Another of the Space Needle. Also taken from Volunteer Park. }
{ Seattle seen from dinner at Salty's across the lake.  Or the sound.  Or whatever it's called. }
 Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. TAKE ME THERE. Let's go. I love coffee, and coldness, and markets, and flowers, and marine life being catapulted across the room. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this city SO MUCH!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete