Monday, October 25, 2010

A decorating dilemma...

OK.  I need your help.

While home visiting my family this weekend, Mom and I found this beautiful framed piece at an exceptional price.  Originally $300 and we got it for 75% off!  I love how the frame is really intricate and the colors integrate perfectly with our living room.

If there had been two coordinating prints, it would be a no-brainer and I'd definitely put them above the fireplace.  But of course I have just the one.

{ What do you think? }
So, here's my dilemma: is it too tall and skinny for the space?  Do the finials balance it out okay or do I need to keep searching for something else to go alongside it?  Or, should I just hang it closer to the kitchen by my stairs where it fits proportionally without question?  And then there's the question of if we do keep it above the fireplace, should it be propped up like it is now, or should it be hung?

See?  Too many options.  Help!  What do you think?  Use your imagination and pretend you can't see the iron scrollwork peeking out from behind the print.  You see, it's heavy and I didn't think I could get it down by myself without scuffing up the wall. : )

{ And my apologies for the terrible Blackberry picture.  I snapped it on my way out of the house at 6:00 this morning.  You'd think we live in San Francisco for the fog! }

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - I hope you are doing well! This is random for me to see you post and then have time to post. . .I love the frame and the detail. I think the candles below (although I do like them, too) are making this look too busy. It's also hard to tell because I am not sure your ceiling height if it should be hung or not. I, generally speaking like the propped look. . . . but, if there is more ceiling to work with -- then hanging it might be an option. Love the blog! Very creative . . . Just my thoughts. . . . Best!

    ReplyDelete