Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Smoky Mountain Weekend

Spencer and I just got back from a much needed weekend away.  We spent Friday through Monday here.  If you're ever looking for a place to rent in the Smoky Mountains, we highly recommend Blacklab Properties!

The place was immaculate and fully equipped. { There was even a salad spinner in the cupboard.  Which, of course, means I brought my own, but still! } Plus, the folks in the management office were wonderfully helpful when we locked ourselves out without a wallet, phone or car keys a mere 15 minutes after unloading the car. : )

The illustrious Maude { aka my sister } gave us a Flip video camera as a wedding gift.  We took in on our honeymoon, but neglected to charge it before we left so it didn't last long.  So, I took this trip as a chance to put it to good use.  Enjoy!


{ Music by Alabama, of course }

5 comments:

  1. I spy monkey bread, Ellie, AND Bearbella. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, you are such an entertaining writer, a very creative soul. Where'd you get this talent for blogging and videography? Is it something your generation is born with? Please give me some lessons. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all and am so glad you are so happy. xoxo

    Oh, and who is Ellie and Bearbella? (I saw the monkey bread -- even thought I smelled it for a second).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad you came home . . . it must have been so tempting to make a different decision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies! Lauren... like you need lessons. :)

    Ellie (Eleanor) is my car, and Bear Bella is this kind of creepy tree trunk carved by a chainsaw to look like a bear holding a trout. My parents got her on a trip to the mountains when we were kids, and they brought her back to Florida. She was a little out of place amongst the pink flamingoes and alligators!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a PERFECT fall weekend! Cute video!

    ReplyDelete