Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cookie Dough Cupcakes - Part III

It's cookie dough.

In a cookie dough flavored cupcake.

And quite possibly the best thing I've ever baked.

{ According to Jamie.  Who would know.  If you're going to be on my team at the office you have to be okay with taste testing. }

I'm sorry it took three posts.  You're probably over these by now. Or maybe you just want the frosting recipe already.

{ I'm a frosting kind of girl.  Which for some reason makes me thinkg about Mrs. Doubtfire. "One lump or two, dear?" }


 
Cookie Dough Frosting

Ingredients
  • 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 3½ cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ¾ teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2½ teaspoons vanilla
Equipment
  • Mixer with paddle attachment
Instructions
  • Beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high until light and creamy.
  • Add powdered sugar { a little bit at a time to prevent the annoying cloud that will coat your entire countertop! } and mix until smooth.
  • Mix in flour and salt.
  • Add vanilla and milk and mix until well incorporated.
Now for the fun part - assembly!  Check out this handy dandy little tool.
It's a cupcake corer and it makes quick and easy work of, um, coring cupcakes.  A knife will work just as well, but the corer was a Christmas gift from my sister and it's so much fun.
{ Voila! }
  • Use a knife or nifty cupcake corer to remove a nickel-sized cylinder from each cupcake.
  • Eat a cylinder.  Or two.  Or four.  { See?  You can taste the cupcakes and no one will know! }
  • Fill each cupcake with a dollop of the firmed eggless cookie dough.  { It is super sticky... I found it very helpful to spray my fingers with Pam so it would quit sticking to me and actually stay in the cupcake. }
 
  • Frost using a pastry bag and 1M piping tip.
  • Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
  • Then eat one!  For breakfast, if you want.  That's how we roll in this house sometimes.  Don't tell my mom.  Or my mother-in-law. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment